- Verify the dealer reputation and association with RMI and/or Naamsa.
- Ask for proof of all previous owner and Service records.
- Identify Year Model and ensure the description of the vehicle is correct.
- View every single panel individually – this will point out if there are any signs of body repair work.
- Ask for a declaration from the dealer if they did repair scratches and dents – and did they make use of a reputable autobody repair shop.
- Condition of tyres and make compared to the mileage on the vehicle.
- Interior – take time out to test all functionalities I.E. Airconditioner, Radio, heater, seatbelts- Make sure everything is in excellent working order – and that the trim and or leather is not damaged.
- Oil – check the oil and ask when last did they service the vehicle.
- Windscreen and Glass, and if fitted the quality of the safety film.
- Excessive smoke when starting the vehicle -remember the higher the mileage of the vehicle, then there will be a requirement for additional maintenance in the future.
- Modifications- Ask the dealer who worked on the vehicle and ensure that it was a reputable service centre.
- Test Drive – Listen for engine noises when starting the vehicle and drive at least 40 – 50 km with the vehicle.
- Finance – double-check, both your interest rate, add-ons and insurance – get comparative Finance and Insurance Quotes.
- Double-check the 1st year of Registration – with special reference if the vehicle comes with a balance of service or motor plan.
- If you are trading a Vehicle -Negotiate the Price – Do research before the time – this can make a big difference when you are busy with your final negotiations.
- Remember – Its a Long term financial Commitment – and plan ahead with reference to your personal budget.
VIP TIP’s When Buying a Pre-Owned vehicle.
- Lewis Hamilton on course for record win after Portuguese pole October 24, 2020LISBON – Lewis Hamilton seized pole position in the dying seconds of qualifying for the first Portuguese Grand Prix in 24 years on Saturday to deny and dismay Mercedes team mate Valtteri Bottas once again.The pole, in a session delayed for half an hour while loose drainage covers were fixed, made it 12 out of […]