- Verify the dealer reputation and association with RMI and/or Naamsa.
- Ask for proof of all previous owner and Service records.
- Identify Year Model and ensure the description of the vehicle is correct.
- View every single panel individually – this will point out if there are any signs of body repair work.
- Ask for a declaration from the dealer if they did repair scratches and dents – and did they make use of a reputable autobody repair shop.
- Condition of tyres and make compared to the mileage on the vehicle.
- Interior – take time out to test all functionalities I.E. Airconditioner, Radio, heater, seatbelts- Make sure everything is in excellent working order – and that the trim and or leather is not damaged.
- Oil – check the oil and ask when last did they service the vehicle.
- Windscreen and Glass, and if fitted the quality of the safety film.
- Excessive smoke when starting the vehicle -remember the higher the mileage of the vehicle, then there will be a requirement for additional maintenance in the future.
- Modifications- Ask the dealer who worked on the vehicle and ensure that it was a reputable service centre.
- Test Drive – Listen for engine noises when starting the vehicle and drive at least 40 – 50 km with the vehicle.
- Finance – double-check, both your interest rate, add-ons and insurance – get comparative Finance and Insurance Quotes.
- Double-check the 1st year of Registration – with special reference if the vehicle comes with a balance of service or motor plan.
- If you are trading a Vehicle -Negotiate the Price – Do research before the time – this can make a big difference when you are busy with your final negotiations.
- Remember – Its a Long term financial Commitment – and plan ahead with reference to your personal budget.
VIP TIP’s When Buying a Pre-Owned vehicle.
- A Red Bull masterclass: Five highlights from an epic French GP 2021-06-21If it didn't happen, you would never believe it - the French GP served up an exciting raceday - that was as much about driver talent, as it was about making the big call, and out-thinking, out-maneuvering the paddock.It was simply brilliant.Here we look at five highlights from Sunday's epic GP at the Circuit Paul […]